My first doctor appointment was at 8 weeks, just a few weeks after we told our parents and siblings. It was nerve wracking because this was all so new. We went straight into the room where they do the ultrasounds. Ben paced around and stood by the door, about 5 feet away from the chairs meant for him. Maybe he thought my lady parts would be on display. The ultrasound was so amazing. You could see the heart beating, and the outline of the baby. For a few weeks, I called baby a Sour Patch Kid because the shape was exactly like my favorite candy!
The best part of the appointment was when the ultrasound tech said, "And your due date is..... 11-11". And we turned to each other and smiled.
11 11 is sort of a special thing for Ben and I. When we were dating and living in two different towns, we would talk almost every night on the phone. One of us would ask what time it is, and it was almost always 11:11pm. Because of this, we got married at 11:11am the day of our wedding. We try and go on a date every year on November 11th. So you could see why we were excited. Though it is unlikely that our baby will actually be welcomed into the world on that date, it's so fun and makes me smile when I get to tell people my due date.


I'm so excited for you and Ben! Keep up the blog! Love it!
ReplyDelete