I'm sorry this is extremely late. It's busy with a newborn! Here is my birth story, minus some details.
On Saturday, November 10th I started getting contractions in the afternoon. They weren't strong enough or regular enough to go to the hospital yet. Ben had been really busy at work so he was a few hours late. I sent him a text that said I would probably have to go to the hospital that night, as the contractions were getting closer together. When I called the Billings Clinic Family Birth Center (FBC), they suggested I go for a walk and take a bath to make sure things progressed, so Ben and I headed to Wal-Mart to walk (that night was really cold so there was no way we could go for a walk outside).
At 11pm we arrived at the FBC and were pre-roomed to be monitored. They watched me for about 20 minutes and said I wasn't progressing enough so they had me walk around the halls. Because I still hadn't progressed enough, they sent me home at 2am.
By 3 am at home, I was in so much pain. The contractions came about every 2-3 minutes but I still didn't want to go straight back to the hospital and then get sent home again. I sat at home for almost 3 hours trying to watch a movie to keep my mind of the pain. I would sleep for about 2 minutes between contractions then be woken up. Somehow, Ben slept through my almost-screams in the living room. But every time I would change positions, the pain became worse than ever. The only thing I regret is not eating before going to the hospital.
When Ben woke up, we went to the hospital and they admitted me to a room. I asked for the epidural right away, I couldn't believe how painful it already was. Thankfully, I was able to get rest with the epidural. My parents arrived at noon and by 4 pm they turned my epidural way down. At 5:10 they had me push. Even without eating for over 24 hours, I still threw up about 6 times while I was pushing.
At 5:55 Everett was born. He came out a little sideways and they were worried he might have swallowed some of his own poop, so I wasn't able to hold him right away. At midnight, they took him to the NICU because they were worried about his blood sugar levels. By 8 am he was back in my room, having never had to put him on an IV.
He's the most amazing little thing I could ever even imagine to have the privilege being the mother of.
well you tried to have him on the 10th I'll give you that.. and you were smart enough to get the epidural. I probably would have had a couple more kids if I would have had epidurals. I also vomitted a couple of time and it is not pleasant when you haven't eaten. It sounds like Ben did fine and as all soliders they can fricking sleep through anything.I hope you were able to sleep when he was in NICU. He is truly beautiful. Welcome to Motherhood a job you wouldn't change for a minute but one that will kick your ass at times.
ReplyDelete