Our first couple of days home, my parents were able to stay with us. It was great but we were very happy to have spent time alone with him, getting to know him. Thankfully, Ben was able to take almost a full month off! During this time, we got to know each other.
Rhett taught us how to put on a diaper correctly (there are tons of dirty onesees to prove our mistakes), he also taught us not to expect any sort of routine at first. Before having our child, Ben and I were convinced that we could create a schedule but we learned quick that our lives now revolve around this boy. Also in the first few weeks, we were able to travel to the high line for Thanksgiving to visit family. Travel was successful, Rhett enjoys sleeping in his car seat.
In December, my mom, Lu Ann, was able to come and stay with us for over a week. With her help, we were able to convince Rhett to sleep during the night. Mom was very enthusiastic about burping and changing diapers. She even stayed up with him during some fussy hours of the night. I was able to shower, blow dry my hair, put on makeup, and change out of sweats! This was a great luxury. And lucky for me, she was here when I got sick!
I had a week alone with Rhett before my dad got here (oh boy is it tough!). Ben's parents were just here and were able to spend a little time cuddling him. And now Rhett is laughing, talking, and giggling. It is so much fun! His gummy smile melts my heart. He even has a dimple!
So this is a quick update. Sorry it's been awhile. It's funny how a little baby needs so much of your time. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Day 1
Week 6
No comments:
Post a Comment