Sunday, May 19, 2013
A Typical Day
A typical day in our life
Wake up to E crying or babbling in the crib. Get a bottle ready and eat. Change him out of pj’s and into his 1st (and probably not last) set of clothes. While he plays, make coffee and eat cereal (check emails and facebook). Then it’s E’s turn to eat breakfast. At his first nap, get myself ready for the day by showering, do hair and makeup (if motivated).
E wakes up from nap and eats another bottle. On Fridays, if he is awake we go to the library for babies and books and a book for mama. Midmornings, I try and get things done because E is happiest and will play. So I use this time to clean bottles and do any chores I have assigned myself that day. I know I can’t clean the whole house every day, so I have broken it up so I can get the whole house done throughout the week.
The next nap, I water the flowers, eat lunch, and browse the internet. Afternoons I typically do any errands that need to be done outside the house; we practically live at Target. E will take another nap and eat again. Daddy wakes up and they play together. I try and feed E his dinner before I start getting dinner together. This is where it gets tricky: E usually gets grumpy in the afternoon. And at the same time I’m trying to get dinner ready. It’s helpful if Ben’s awake because he can keep him company, but if grumpy time comes before he wakes up, I cannot get ANYTHING done, he demands one on one attention.
Currently, in the evenings we try and take a walk before it gets too hot and the bugs are out. If we don’t, we play, we hang out, and wind down for the night. E gets a bath every other night because of his sensitive skin. After his last bottle, we don’t do any more play time. This signals his brain that it’s bedtime. When E finally goes to sleep, I check facebook again, read, and go to bed. Then the next day we do it all over again.
What I hope to improve on for the day: drink more water! Especially before the 1st cup of coffee or else I don’t want to eat any food until noon. I would also like to get a workout at least 3 times a week. Once things get a little less crazy at work for Ben, I will hopefully have the chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment