OK so this one is WAAAAY easy.
Have you ever seen that movie "It's Pat"? It's based off of a Saturday Night Live character where no one really knows if the character is a guy or a girl. I'm not sure if I ever actually watched the movie or just saw the previews for it but when I did, I was maybe 6 years old? The only thing I remember from the movie was the line "Is that a banana in your pocked, or are you just happy to see me?".
As a 6 year old, I obviously didn't know what this meant. And I never really thought about it much growing up. Fast forward to 7th grade. My best friend's father who happened to be our Social Studies teacher Mr. Roseberry is talking to a group of us before class starts. I was one of those annoying kids who gets caught up in the moment, says stupid stuff, and talks way too loud. In all the excitement of the moment, guess what I ask my teacher..... just guess.... please don't make me say it again. Yep, I said the above line from the movie "It's Pat".
And it's not until my classmates laugh hilariously at me and Mr. Roseberry says "Geni!!" do I realize what this means.
Here's what I'm thankful for. I am thankful that I've learned to think before I speak (most of the time). And I'm REALLY thankful that I didn't get suspended. Mr. Roseberry luckily knew my personality and I think he knew that I had no idea what I was saying.
So yeah, that's my most embarrassing moment... ever... to date at least.
Haha I told someone about that the other day
ReplyDelete