I guess I'm sort of an average person. I don't really have "passions", at least not 5 at one time. My idea of a passion is more like a short lived obsession.
Obsession #1. Nail Polish. This became a full blown obsession when Ben was deployed. I changed my polish every other night, sometimes every night. I think my nail polish obsession kept me from over eating. And it was really a creative outlet for me.
Obsession #2. Makeup. When I was in 1st grade, my mom was out of town at meetings. I snuck into her bathroom and put on some of her lipstick before school started. Thinking my dad would never notice, I tried to leave the house with this bright pink lipstick on. Turns out, he actually does pay attention ;). That was my first makeup memory.
A few years later, for Christmas my mom got me this huge makeup set that had blush, lipstick, eye shadows. It was one of those really cheap sets from K-Mart but I loved it. I wasn't allowed to wear it in public, but almost every day after school I would play with it and put some on.
My obsession changed a little when I discovered this really cool series that was filmed in New Zealand. It was called "The Tribe" and it was sort of an apocalypse series. All of the adults were killed of by a virus leaving just a bunch of teens and kids that formed into tribes. They wore makeup/war paint and I became obsessed with trying new/cool/weird things all over my face. Here are some pictures from the series.
Cool right?!
Obsession #3. Music. I would call this a mild obsession that has manifested itself in many ways. Sometimes I get crazy about singing, listening to new bands, or playing an instrument. But I realize my limitations and it quickly fizzles out. I'll always have an appreciation for music. Just last week I realized that I have a hard time with the music portion of church because the guy who leads the music is always flat in his pitch every time he holds a long note. It's more obvious because he has great backup singers who try and harmonize. It bothers me... a lot.
Obsession #4. Cleaning. Yeah I don't know if I would call this an obsession either but I like a clean house. I have a chore chart. It really bothers me when people come over and my house isn't at least tidy. But it's almost impossible now that I have a baby.
Obsession #5. Clothes. Luckily I'm so cheap that I barely buy very much. But I love clothes, shoes, and purses (which I would consider an accessory). Online shopping is the best thing ever. Sometimes I add a bunch of stuff in a card (pretending like I'm going to buy it) just to close the page out when I'm done and never buy a thing. It's actually fun!
Just be grateful it isn't me leading music at your church. You'd really be bothered by that hahaha.
ReplyDelete