Friday, August 3, 2012

Twigs for the Nest

I've been wanting to blog about my Wednesday but I've been so exhausted! It's rough being an incubator!

Wednesday we painted the nursery. Before I get in trouble for painting, the room was ventilated. Our nursery is forest themed so for the main color, we used a light green. Being the ambitions first time parents that we are, we decided to do an ACCENT WALL! With tape, we created squares on the wall and painted 4 different colors in the squares.



You may not be able to tell but the lighter color is a cloud blue and the "skin" color is more of a light brown. Though, Ben did hold up the swatch to his arm and he is darker than that color. I may paint the brown's a darker brown, but I don't know if I have that motivation. I can't wait to have the room all set up!

Later that night, we also had our first labor class. It was a really good experience (though I'm not sure Ben would say the same), but I can't wait until the next class. I've been doing tons of research and it's amazing how much I learned in this class.

Stayed tuned for my next post.  Raleigh Starnes from Without a Compass has finished out maternity pics!

2 comments: