Monday, July 29, 2013

I Can't Believe I Didn't Know That!!

When E was born, the hospital sent us home with a bunch of these mini bottles filled with formula that was already made. See Below


The directions on these say throw away after an hour. I was fortunately able to breastfeed E until he was 5 months old and after that started using powdered formula.

Here's where the wasteful mistake began. I assumed that you couldn't use the powdered formula if it sat around for an hour, throwing away probably about 2 large cans of formula.  Finally, I read the package directions for the powdered formula. A bottle can sit at room temperature for 2 HOURS and then put in the fridge for up to 24 HOURS! Something you may not know about me, I am frugal. Becoming a mom has made me uber-frugal. In essence, in the last 3 months I have basically thrown away $80 or more

Learn for my silly mistake!

Enjoy this random post :)

1 comment:

  1. I keep mine out for up to 4 hours (just like regular food). I'm frugal too. My kids have never had an issue with 4 hour old formula. :) It might be bad, but they are healthy and fine. :)

    ReplyDelete